Jun 11, 2008

Process - Ablauf











This is the next step.

I used these wools to make the tendrils. I'm thinking illuminated book as you see...

On the last photo I wanted to show how light the whole thing is. It is very thin because of ironing it with steam so that the background felts even more. You can even make a shawl with this.

The point is having a wonderful surface to stitch.

Das ist der nächste Schritt.

Ich habe diese Strickwollen verwendet, um die Ranken zu machen. Ich habe meine Inspiration wieder von illuminierten Manuskripten...

Auf dem letzten Foto kann man sehen, wie leicht das Ganze ist. Es ist sehr dünn, weil ich es mit Dampf bügle, um das Filzen zu verstärken. Man kann sogar einen Schal damit machen.

Die Idee ist eine wunderbare Oberfläche zu besticken zu haben.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely so far. You have a wonderful way with colour, texture and form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious. so do you sew the yarn on with thread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely to see how you build your work up. When my Art fair is over I am definitely going to get my embellisher out again!(After I clean the house, make some curtains, do my accounts, .....)

    ReplyDelete