Nov 10, 2010

Get only your feet wet! - Mach nur deine Füße naß!

One more piece for the series. I am enjoying this a lot!
Noch ein Stück für die Serie. Ich genieße dies viel!

The child got into the water to watch the goldfish better. Her mother too to look after her. They did hair crowns with the flowers that are growing near the water but the little boy didn't want one and is sulking on a branch... I'm asking me which animal is hiding to the right? is it an armadillo, the cat of Alice in Wonderland? I didn't make up my mind, perhaps you can help...
Das Kind stieg ins Wasser um einen Goldfisch zu betrachten. Ihre Mutter auch, vorsichtshalber. Sie machten Kronen für ihre Köpfe mit den Blumen am Wasserrand. Der kleine Bub wollte keine (fand nicht männlich) und schmollt auf einem Zweig... Ich frage mich, welches Tier versteckt sich rechts? ein Gürteltier, die Katze von Alice im Wunderland? Ich habe mich noch nicht entschlossen, vielleicht könnt Ihr mir helfen...






This time I used crochet for the flower to the left. I like the little "handwork touches".
Diesmal habe ich eine kleine Blume gehäkelt. Ich mag die kleinen "Handarbeits-Details".

 Silk makes wonderful water...
Seide macht tolles Wasser...





There is a big combination of techniques in this piece, I think it makes the picture richer.
Es gibt eine große Anzahl von kombinierten Techniken in diesem Stück. Ich glaube, es macht ihm reicher.





Checks are always nice...
 Karierte Stoffe sind immer nett...





...and now I fly away in my magic carpet!!
...und jetzt fliege ich mit meinem fliegenden Teppich weg!!

10 comments:

  1. Es ist ein Fantasietier. Wenn es auch den Kopf hervorstecken würde, hätte es Hörner, Ohren und große Wimpern mit einem ganz lieben Blick. Es mag die Menschen, aber es ist sehr scheu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful story and a lovely picture, Sara!

    I enjoy very much discovering all these tiny details and finding out the different techniques you've used. Yes, you are right, it makes the picture richer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please fly back soon Sara! I can sense your enjoyment in making this charming piece by just looking at it. Everything about it is delightful and a joy to see. I think the creature with that lovely tail would be a stripey cat - am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sara,
    These should make a lovely book, they tell stories in pictures so well. They would scan very well and make lovely prints. Why don't you try Sara. I'm sure it would make children very happy. Best Wishes Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy bonito. Tienes una gran imaginación y sensibilidad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Sara, if it's a flying carpet .... then it might just be the tail of a dragon ..... ?

    You are really working miracles these last few days. (I envie your creative work power at the moment ...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work, the colors grab me first and the little faces pull me in. The textures though, the felting, the embellishments, and the stitching that's what keeps me there. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you, all of you, there are many interpretations of the beast that's hidden to the right and all of them are right. it is an animal in your imagination and that's all about it. you don't see it clearly either because you should fight with it if you did!
    and now I go to work on nr. 3 of the series...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! You are so talented :) x

    ReplyDelete